Thousands of inspiring, interesting and unique Instagram feeds have been submitted for consideration. Early September we will announce the deserving recipient of a three-year lease on the all-new CLA.
So how will their road trip measure up against Instagram’s best? Be sure to come back early September, as the winner takes the wheel for the 6th and final road trip.
2013 Mercedes-Benz CLA Take The Wheel Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
BY ENTERING THE 2013 MERCEDES-BENZ CLA TAKE THE WHEEL CONTEST (“CONTEST”), YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You are providing your information to Sponsor and agencies acting on its behalf with regard to this promotion, and not to Facebook. Please see the “Privacy” section below for details regarding the use of personal information collected in connection with this Contest
ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of one of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia; excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands) who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Contest is void where restricted, taxed or prohibited by law. Employees, officers and directors of: (a) Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (“MBUSA” or “Sponsor”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners, (b) authorized Mercedes-Benz dealers, (c) promotion and other vendor agencies involved in this Contest and each of their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Released Parties”), and the household and immediate family members (spouse, child, parent, sibling and their respective spouses) of all such employees/officers/directors, are NOT eligible to enter or win. Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
ENTRY PERIOD: This Contest begins at 12:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 18, 2013 and ends at 12:01 p.m. ET on August 14, 2013 (“Promotion Period”).
HOW TO ENTER: By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, including Sponsor's interpretation of these Official Rules and Sponsor's exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects. To enter the Contest, during the Promotion Period (a) visit www.CLAtakethewheel.com, or www.facebook.com/mercedesbenzusa, (b) click on the link to access the Contest app; (c) connect with Instagram, (d) complete the Official Entry Form; and (e) click “Submit.” You must have an Instagram account to enter the Contest. If you do not have one, you can sign up for one, which is free. If you have a private Instagram account you must allow MBUSA access to follow you account in order to enter the Contest, as well as follow other Contest entry requirements. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) entry per person/authorized e-mail account holder/Instagram account. The use of automated devices to enter this Contest is prohibited. Any attempt by any person to submit multiple entries by using multiple/different e-mail accounts or any other methods will void all entries submitted and that person will be disqualified. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur.
JUDGING: The initial judging panel will consist of marketing representatives of MBUSA, Razorfish and/or Engine Shop, who have the required experience to apply the judging criteria. The final judging panel will be made up of the first five Instagram photographers to participate in the Take the Wheel program. The panels will review up to thirty (30) of the most recent photos and videos that have been shared on an entrant's Instagram feed. Following the initial judging, the fifteen (15) highest scoring entrants will be deemed finalists and will advance to the final round of judging. For each round of judging, all feeds will be judged on a 100-point scale, with maximum points in each category as follows: a maximum of twenty-five (25) points for Bold Aesthetics, defined as striking imagery with an interesting use of composition and color; and a maximum of twenty-five (25) points for an adventurous spirit, which refers to the content of the Instagram photos and videos and the degree to which they showcase a sense of adventure and fun; and a maximum of twenty-five (25) points for the ability to see things differently, which refers to the originality of the content shared in the Instagram feed; and a maximum of ten (10) points for the entrant's social credibility score including several factors such as KLOUT score, number of followers, etc. which is a gauge of an individual's network, the content created, and how other people interact with that content using data collected from sites such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquare, and YouTube and an maximum of fifteen (15) points for brand commensurate images that represent the essence, character and sophistication of the Mercedes-Benz brand. Entrants may also be subject to a background check.
Sponsor's and judge's decisions on all matters relating to the Contest are final.
In order to be eligible to win, entrants must be available to take a 3 day trip to a mutually agreed upon east coast city, such as Boston or Washington, DC, where the winner will take the wheel of a Mercedes Benz CLA 250 vehicle. Trip date to be on or about September 5, 2013. During the trip the winner will be in control of Sponsors Instagram account and will take Instagram photos and/or videos documenting their trip.
Your images must be your own original image, created and shot by and/or featuring you; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have been entered into any other contest nor won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity. Modification of an existing image does not count as original for purposes of this Contest.
Images must not be lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or violate any laws or otherwise contain content which Sponsor in its sole discretion decides is inappropriate or objectionable. Content must be suitable for public viewing. Sponsor is not responsible for late submissions.
Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and Contest Parties and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Indemnitees"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the use of any element of Entrant's Entry , or the Entrant's conduct in submitting an Entry in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to, claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violation of an individual's right of publicity or right of privacy, or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant's rights with regard to any elements or ideas contained in any element of the Entry.
PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
There will be one (1) Grand Prize package awarded following the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Subject to the restrictions and limitations below, the Grand Prize consists of (i) a thirty-six (36) month single-pay lease through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services (“MBFS”) of a 2013 Mercedes Benz CLA 250 (the “Vehicle”), with an approximate retail value of: $14,393.00; (ii) a 3 day trip for winner and guest over 21 years old with a valid driver's license and complete driver waiver form. Trip destination must be to a mutually agreed upon east coast city, such as Boston or Washington, DC, where the winner will take the wheel and be awarded with a Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 vehicle. Trip date to be on or about September 5, 2013.; (iii) a single cash payment of $3,000.00 to be used for all expenses on trip, including fuel, overnight accommodations, meals, etc.; and (iv) a single cash payment of $4,542.53 which is intended to help offset federal and state tax obligations related to the acceptance of the Grand Prize (the “Cash Payment”). The maximum approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize Package is $24,785.53.
Trip includes coach-class airfare for winner and guest. If winner is located within 250 miles of destination city other travel arrangements will me made at the discretion of the Sponsor.
Specifications of the Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 vehicle are as follows: Polar Silver paint, Black MB Tex, Anthracite trim, Sport Package, Panorama Roof, Bi-Xenon Headlamps, Premium 1 Package, Multimedia Package and 18" inch AMG wheels.All vehicle specifications and options (if any) are at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Lease mileage limited to 12,000 miles per year.
The Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign a vehicle lease agreement through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services which may have additional terms and conditions. The Grand Prize Winner will incur certain costs in receiving the 36 month single-pay lease of the Vehicle. These costs may include, but are not limited to, federal and state income taxes, ad valorem liability, registration costs and insurance costs. The Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for payment of all costs and any other expenses, associated with the ownership and use of the Vehicle. The Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for all income taxes, liability and collision insurance premiums, scheduled routine maintenance charges, excess wear and use charges, damage to the vehicle charges, early termination fees, excess mileage charges, gasoline, use taxes, license, title, registration fees, other operating expenses and other government fees and expenses incurred as result of receiving or using the Vehicle. The vehicle must be returned at the end of the 36 month lease term, purchase option will be made available. Winner will be responsible for pick up and return of Vehicle at time and location determined in the sole discretion of Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.
There are no additional written or verbal warranties other than the standard new vehicle limited warranty provided with the vehicle. The Grand Prize winner must possess automobile insurance required under the Mercedes-Benz Financial Services First Class Lease program prior to receiving prize. No cash value or vehicle substitutes. Lease must commence no later than October 31, 2013. Lease cannot be assigned or transferred to a third party. Vehicle delivery is through an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer and conditional upon winner's execution and return of Mercedes-Benz Financial Services' customary motor vehicle lease documentation (including its standard consumer single pay motor vehicle lease agreement and credit application).
The Grand Prize Winner eligibility requires credit check and is subject to credit approval by Mercedes-Benz Financial Services. In order to be eligible, the selected individual must possess a valid, unrestricted U.S. driver's license and meet Mercedes-Benz's driving and credit underwriting guidelines, and sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release (as described below) prior to receiving prize. In the Sponsor's sole discretion, a selected winner may be required to forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be randomly selected in accordance with these Official Rules from the remaining eligible entries if the Prize or Prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, or if selected winner (i) declines or cannot accept, receive or use the prize for any reason; (ii) fails to comply with these Official Rules; or (iii) fails to return requisite documents within the specified time period. The maximum value of the prize set forth above represents the Sponsor's good faith determination of the maximum ARV thereof and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined the Sponsor, cannot be challenged or appealed.
ALL EXPENSES OR COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE OF A PRIZE PACKAGE NOT MENTIONED HEREIN ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBLITIY OF THE PRIZE WINNER. ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE STATED MAXIMUM APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF PRIZE AND THE ACTUAL VALUE OF SUCH PRIZE WILL NOT BE AWARDED. No cash equivalent or other substitutions will be permitted, except the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize package with another prize of equal or greater value in the event that the prize (or any component thereof) is not available as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor shall issue the Grand Prize Winner an IRS 1099 form for the actual retail value of the prize, as required by law.
ADDITIONAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Any local, state or federal taxes associated with any prize awarded in connection with the Contest are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner will also be required to disclose his/her social security number for the purpose of issuance of a Form 1099 for tax purposes. The Released Parties are not liable for the payment of any taxes associated with acceptance of the prize.
5) PRIZE NOTIFICATION: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone, express mail and/or email to the phone number, address and/or email address provided by the potential Grand Prize winner during the entry process on or about August 28, 2013. The Grand Prize winner must complete, sign, and return the presented affidavit of eligibility, mutually-agreeable release of liability, publicity release, and appropriate tax documents (the “Documents”) within three (3) business days of delivery of the Documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. If notified winner is not eligible, forfeits the prize, or declines the prize, or in the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, then Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected as the Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period may, in the Sponsor's sole discretion; result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
PUBLICITY RELEASE: Subject to applicable law, the Grand Prize winner irrevocably grants to Sponsor the right to use and publish his/her proper name, city and state of residence, likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by Grand Prize winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor online and in print and in any other media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide, in perpetuity, in connection with the Contest and for advertising and promotional purposes, without additional compensation or notification.
6) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, each entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Contest and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Contest, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees, and by accepting the Grand Prize the Grand Prize winner agrees, to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties and Facebook, Inc. from and against any liability, loss, damage, cost, and expense that the Released Parties and Facebook, Inc. may suffer as a result of any claims, suits, demands, actions, causes of action (“Claims”), penalties, expenses, or costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees (“Losses”), whether foreseen or unforeseen, that may be made or had against the Released Parties and Facebook arising from or in connection with the Contest, including all such Claims and Losses arising from: 1) any prize won; 2) the negligence, reckless acts, and/or intentional or willful misconduct by entrants or Grand Prize winner; 3) any injuries, losses, or other damage of any kind that the entrants or Grand Prize winner may sustain arising from or in connection with their participation in the Contest; and 4) any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, misappropriation, false association, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action and/or breach of contract. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE CONTEST. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $100. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. As a condition of entering the Contest, Grand Prize winner gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his/her name, address, and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Contest and complying with applicable laws, regulations, and rules. Any information entrants provide to Sponsor may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Contest or on a Contest winner's list. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of prizes. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event including, but not limited to: fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the prize to an entrant selected from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
7) COMPUTERIZED ONLINE REGISTRATION: This Contest is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to U.S. law. Do not enter this Contest if you are not located in the United States and you are not a legal U.S. resident. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. If for any reason, the computerized entry portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. In the event of cancelation, Sponsor will award the prize to an entrant selected from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such. Each entry must be manually key-stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant. Repetitive automated electronic submission of entries is specifically prohibited, and any such entries will be disqualified. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event of a dispute, the potential winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the identified e-mail account, and Sponsor's decision will be final. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, including any error that may result in an erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any computer equipment or software that results in loss of entry. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning the Grand Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY COMPUTERIZED SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8) DISPUTES; GOVERNING LAW. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
10) WINNER NAME: The name of the Grand Prize winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by August 31, 2013 to: 2013 MB CLA Take The Wheel CONTEST Winner's List, c/o eshots, Attn: Brandon Monceaux, 233 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 420, Chicago, Il 60601.
Sponsor: Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC, One Mercedes Drive, Montvale, NJ 07645.
Administrator: Promotion Fulfillment Center, 311-21st Street, Camanche, IA 52730.